Thursday, November 19, 2009

dear world, from God.

A few days before Christmas, I asked God if he would give me world peace for my Christmas present. He nodded and promised that He will look for it immediately.

On Christmas morning, I eagerly opened my present, but I was disappointed because what I found inside was terrorism. I looked in dismay at the bomb attacks and dead bodies. I looked at God and told him again that I wanted world peace, and would He give it to me as my next Christmas present. He said yes, He would.

The next year, again I eagerly opened my present, for I was sure that God would not break His promise the second time. But, again, I was disappointed to see that what I got was not world peace, but world hunger. I was appalled to see the people walking around as no more than skin and bones. I looked at God and told Him that he had given me the wrong thing, and that He has to promise that He will give me world peace for next year's Christmas present. He said that He promised He would give me what I wanted.

The next year, I opened my present very eagerly, because I was sure that He would not fail me for the third time. So, I was crushed when I found that He had given me global warming instead. I cried when I see the melting ice caps and devastating disasters. I looked at God and cried, "God, why won't you give me world peace?"

He smiled at me and said, "My child, after all you have faced together, why can't you embrace each other and make peace?"

nadia.

1 comment:

Christopher said...

waw.. keren bgt nad.. tumben bkn ttg religion.. bahaha